Liberal arts and sciences minors
In the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, every student chooses an approved minor to complement their degree program. This gives your résumé a competitive edge while also allowing you to study what you love.
Minors may be taken in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences or any other WSU school or college. The minor requirement is waived for students who complete a second major, a double major, a concurrent degree, a dual degree or a second degree.
- Students earning a co-major in peace and conflict studies or Latino/a and Latin American studies will be considered to have completed the minor requirement
- The university honors co-major does not fulfill the college requirement for a minor
Important: Students must complete all courses in their minors with a minimum overall average of 2.0. In order for a minor, second major or degree, or certificate program to fulfill the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences minor requirement, it must include at least three courses that have not been used to fulfill requirements for any other major or minor.
I – L
Israeli Studies (formerly Hebrew)
Interested in a minor not listed here?
View more minors outside of the liberal arts and sciences by:
- Can I major and minor in the same field?
You can major and minor in the same department, but you cannot major and minor in fields with the same title.
For example, you can major in English and minor in creative writing or major in physics and minor in astronomy. But you cannot major in English and minor in English or major in physics and minor in physics.
- How do I declare a minor?
- What can I minor in?
- Who has to declare a minor?
- New and transfer students entering the university in fall 2018 and beyond
- Students returning after a seven-year or more absence
- When must I declare a minor?
You must declare a minor by 45 credits.
- Transferring courses into WSU that count towards my minor
How many classes do I still have to take at WSU to complete a minor if f I'm transferring courses into WSU that count towards my minor?
A minimum of one course unless otherwise specified.