Wayne State offers a bachelor of arts degree and three types of bachelor of science degrees including a bachelor's with honors. All three B.S. degrees require undergraduate research completed for credit as part of the degree.
To get started, schedule an appointment with an advisor to create a degree plan.
- Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and Chemical Biology
- Minor in Chemistry
- Minor in Biochemistry and Chemical Biology
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Do I need to attend laboratory class the first week of the semester?
Yes, in chemistry labwork begins the very first scheduled lab period. Bring goggles and come prepared to get to work.
- How can I find out who my instructor is?
A list of current courses and instructors can be found from the course registration page. Contact information for faculty and instructors can be found on our department directory.
- How do I go about declaring chemistry as my major?
Visit declare your major to select chemistry as your major. It is also highly recommended that you talk to a chemistry advisor.
- Do I need to take my chemistry courses in order?
It is strongly recommended that you complete the prerequisites to all of your chemistry courses before registering for them.