Students earning a degree in chemistry will be prepared to think critically about important scientific problems, perform research and communicate their findings. Chemists understand the physical world from the perspective of the smallest building blocks called atoms and this understanding is critical to many industries including pharmaceuticals, automotive, food, plastics and electronics.
Chemistry, the study of matter and its transformations, is central to all sciences. Chemists are employed in industry, academia, government, non-profits and start their own companies. A chemistry degree is an outstanding platform from which to pursue further education in graduate school for chemistry or in medical school, law school or pharmacy school.
A chemistry degree or minor equips students:
- With the intention of entering the chemical profession or other professional fields
- Majoring in other subjects who desire to elect chemistry courses as part of their programs
- Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and Chemical Biology
- Undergraduate Certificate in Cannabis Chemistry
- Minor in Chemistry
- Minor in Biochemistry and Chemical Biology
- Accelerated Graduate Enrollment (AGRADE)
- Master of Arts in Chemistry
- Master of Science in Chemistry
- Ph.D. in Chemistry