Programs in political science
What is political science?
The study of political science is focused on understanding the nature and problems of government and the role of politics in contemporary society. This is accomplished through the systematic exploration of the structure and processes of government at different levels and across nations, the study of individual and collective political behavior, and through analyses of policy problems and the processes through which public policies are formulated and administered.
Political science contributes to the goals of general education by promoting civic literacy and cultivating an awareness of the opportunities and obligations of citizenship at local, state, and national levels.
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Bachelor of Public Affairs (B.P.A)
- Minor in Political Science
- Master of Arts in Political Science
- Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.)
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Joint Master of Arts in Political Science/Juris Doctor