Graduate students studying political science build strong research skills, analytical reasoning abilities, and writing skills, which can benefit them in multiple career paths. Political science graduates work as analysts and researchers, holding positions in government, politics, and related sectors. (BestColleges.com)
Learning more about graduate assistantship and fellowship opportunities.
Why pursue a graduate degree in political science or public administration at Wayne State?
- Seventy-five doctorates and many more master's degrees have been granted since the program began over 30 years ago
- Our graduates are now working in government agencies, non-profit organizations, private sector research firms, other private-sector jobs, as well as in academic settings
- Graduate courses are taught by experienced, full-time faculty who are active scholars and effective teachers
- Our graduate classes are small, often enrolling fewer than 15 students of a diverse and dynamic mix
- In order to facilitate graduate study by both full-time and part-time students, graduate courses are almost exclusively offered in the late afternoon or evenings
- Graduate students have opportunities to work closely with full-time faculty who are actively engaged in scholarship. Students often participate in professional conferences, research projects, and scholarly publications
- Students have access to the resources of a nationally ranked, graduate/professional research university
- WSU is located in the heart of the University Cultural Center of Detroit, Michigan. Its neighbors include the Detroit Institute of Arts, the Detroit Historical Museum, Museum of African American History, the Detroit Science Center, The Fisher Theatre, Orchestra Hall and The Detroit Medical Center
- The 180-acre campus and the nearby areas encompassing the Detroit Medical Center represent one of the safest urban locales in the state of Michigan. The university's record of safety compares favorably with other large universities in the country
If you would like to arrange an appointment to discuss the program and how it fits your academic and career goals, please contact our graduate directors: