Full-time faculty positions in English
Part-time faculty positions in English
The Department of English is accepting applications for part-time teaching positions in English composition, technical writing, film, and African American literature.
- Attachments: Have the following documents ready for upload:
- A brief letter of inquiry
- Sample of your expository writing (published papers, unpublished papers, or a chapter of your M.A. essay)
- Dossier: Ask the university placement office holding your professional dossier to send an official copy to the department.
- ATTN: Caroline Maun, Chairperson, Wayne State University Department of English, 5057 Woodward Ave., Suite 9408, Detroit, MI 48202. Email: email@example.com
- Transcripts: If transcripts are not included in the dossier, please request the official transcripts to be sent by mail to the same address. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letters of recommendation: If not included in your dossier, please ask two to three people to send letters of recommendation directly to the Department of English at the address above, or directly to Caroline Maun at email@example.com. These individuals should be academic professionals who are in a position to evaluate your university work and/or teaching performance.
The M.A. in English is required. Applicants must also have successfully completed at least one year of college-level teaching.
Apply for teaching opportunities
Once your application file is complete, it will be assessed by the chairperson in collaboration with the director of composition before the first teaching assignment. Continuing employment is dependent upon satisfactory evaluation of your teaching performance by faculty and students.
Assignments are made on the basis of seniority and enrollment. Salary is based on education and experience. Salary rates are governed by the Union of Part-Time Faculty (UPTF) contract (see uptf.org for further information).