Research in urban studies
Outreach to and engagement with the community has long been a tradition of the department. Faculty regularly engage in community-focused research and their many courses, for both undergraduate and graduate programs, including community planning studies.
Here are some featured community studies, plans, and presentations from years past. Many of these are capstone projects undertaken by masters of urban planning students.
- European Placemaking: Directions for Early 21st Century Urbanism (Willie Miller, fall 2011)
- Conceptualizing Woodbridge (summer 2011)
- Conceptualizing Woodbridge (PowerPoint presentation) (summer 2011)
- The Road to Recovery Park (summer 2010)
- Rosa Park Neighborhood Study (summer 2007)
- General Motors Lansing Township Plan (winter 2007)
- Lincoln Park, MI Downtown Study (summer 2006)
- Northend Neighborhood (summer 2006)
- Jackson, MI Study (winter 2005)
- U-SNAP-BAC Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy (summer 2004)
- Mack Corridor Study (summer 2003)
- Community Greenspace Initiative (summer 2002)