Bachelor of Arts in Law career outlook
What can I do with a bachelor's in law?
There are numerous careers for which formal legal education is beneficial, but for which a J.D. is not required. These career opportunities are in all levels of federal, state and local governments, business, compliance, insurance, law enforcement and many legal or civically engaged organizations.
An undergraduate law degree offers skills in:
- Logical and critical thinking
- Oral and written communication
- Reading comprehension and analysis
- Other "hallmarks" of thinking like a lawyer
- Awareness of the political system in the U.S.
- Awareness of the criminal justice system in the U.S.
- Ability to apply a general understanding of legal practices to societal issues
Careers in law
This degree also provides a solid foundation for graduate study in: