Master of Science in Dietetics admissions
Coordinated program in dietetics (CPD)
The CPD application will be posted in late fall 2021.
⚠️ Important: Effective January 1, 2024, the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) will require a minimum of a master's degree to be eligible to take the credentialing exam to become a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN). For more information about this requirement visit the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
Admission to the CPD requires two applications; one directly to the CPD and one to the WSU Graduate School. We ask that you apply to the CPD first, and if selected for the program, you can apply to the Graduate School.
Visit the new Master of Science in Dietetics program for more information.
The CPD two-year professional course sequence consists of 42 graduate-level credits. This does not include prerequisite courses.
- Transferring credits from other institutions
To find equivalent courses at other universities and community colleges for CPD prerequisite courses, you can check with our NFS graduate advisor, or see our transfer plans:
- Go to Transfer Plans.
- From the alphabetized list of schools, click on your choice.
- Scroll down the list and click the link for Dietetics, to see the equivalent courses at that school.
- International transcripts
Students with a transcript from another country (including Canada) must obtain a course-by-course transcript evaluation from an independent agency that validates academic degrees. Students applying to an ACEND-accredited program must have a degree that is equivalent to a bachelor's or master's degree from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
Important: Only reports from foreign degree evaluation agencies will be accepted when applying to the CPD at WSU.
International students can find more information on coming to WSU at our Office of International Students and Scholars.
- Guidelines for dietetics students from other universities
For students with a bachelor's degree from an ACEND-accredited dietetics program:
- Students can apply to the CPD without any additional prerequisite coursework
- Students must repeat any required courses (including prereqs) for which they received a "D" grade (1.5 or less).
For students who have a bachelor's degree in another discipline:
- Students with a degree in another discipline must fulfill all prerequisite courses which can be found on our Master of Science in Dietetics requirements page.