Biology student spends summer researching on Belle Isle
The Wayne State University rising sophomore specializes in muck these days. Walker is a research assistant in WSU School of Medicine professor Dr. Jeffery Ram's aquatic research lab, located in Belle Isle's historic aquarium. It's here that he'll spend much of his summer, wading through the lakes and lagoons of Detroit's island park, searching for new samples of water mites to poke and prod.
- Urban studies professor Rayman Mohamed discusses what Detroit needs from Washington
- Criminal justice faculty discuss neighborhood crime research on WDET
- Criminal justice lecturer discusses Netflix's You with Newsweek
- History and political science professors discuss the border conflict with Israel
- Lyke Thompson discusses Detroit's child lead poisoning problem