Abbass Berjaoui helping Detroit overcome health disparities
Abbass Berjaoui, a second-year student pursuing a bachelor's in biology, is no stranger to the consequences of health disparities. It's the reason he was compelled to create MedEq - a nonprofit student organization that aims to reduce health disparities and promote equity in the health care system. In addition to hosting events to educate people on health disparities, members have held yoga sessions for students, organized FASFA workshops in Detroit Public Schools and built rain gardens. By dividing their efforts across specific categories, MedEq's student members can efficiently improve the overall health of the Detroit community.
- Criminal justice faculty discuss neighborhood crime research on WDET
- Criminal justice lecturer discusses Netflix's You with Newsweek
- History and political science professors discuss the border conflict with Israel
- Lyke Thompson discusses Detroit's child lead poisoning problem
- Wayne State looks to the stars with newest acquisition