Melba Boyd: A thought leader in African American literature and cinema
Melba Joyce Boyd, Distinguished Professor in African American Studies, is an award-winning author of 13 books, nine of which are poetry. Boyd's poetry, essays, and creative nonfiction have appeared in anthologies, academic journals, cultural periodicals and newspapers in the United States and Europe.
- Urban studies professor Rayman Mohamed discusses what Detroit needs from Washington
- Criminal justice faculty discuss neighborhood crime research on WDET
- Criminal justice lecturer discusses Netflix's You with Newsweek
- History and political science professors discuss the border conflict with Israel
- Lyke Thompson discusses Detroit's child lead poisoning problem