From Puerto Rico to Detroit: Orlando Rios finds his research home
Even before Hurricane Maria wreaked havoc on Puerto Rico in September 2017, Orlando Rios felt his opportunities to continue his undergraduate research at the University of Puerto Rico were limited due to budget cuts at the institution. In the weeks after Maria made landfall, he knew those chances were even slimmer.
- Ahead of Biden, Trump visits, UAW workers say they support whoever supports them
- Prestigious $100,000 Marshall Scholarship awarded to Lincoln Park native
- Paleostorm chasers test a new detection tool
- The ten contenders for the National Book Award for Nonfiction
- How some insects turn plants into pollution detectors
- More highlights