Anthropology alumni updates: Winter 2023
Wayne State's Department of Anthropology congratulates our alumni on their recent accomplishments.
Alumni job placements
- Katilin (Indy) Carter (M.A.), senior user-experience researcher at Bold Insight, Chicago
- Yen-Ting Chang (M.A.), experience planning and operations manager, Klook, Taiwan
- Amy Krull (M.A.), federal projects archaeologist, State Historic Preservation Office, Lansing
- Travis Kruso (M.A.), market intelligence specialist, PointClickCare, Chicago
- Emily Lock (M.A.), research manager, Planning Shop, Houston
- Andrew McKinney (M.A.), academic advisor, Wayne State University
- Craig Meiners (M.A.), innovation coach, General Mills, Minneapolis
- Monica Rodriguez (Ph.D.), postdoctoral felloow, Rollins College
- Andres Romero (Ph.D.), tenure-track assistant professor, Rollins College
- Molly Sanford (M.A.), senior insights analyst, Escalent, Detroit
- Zach Shorufi (M.A.), customer discovery specialist at TechTown, Detroit
- Jasmine Walker, lead researcher, projekt202, Dallas
- Athena Zissis (M.A.), tribal outreach specialist, National Park Service, Northeast Region Headquarters
Jorgensen, K., Garcia, O. A., Kiyamu, M., Brutsaert, T. D., & Bigham, A. W. (2022). Genetic adaptations to potato starch digestion in the Peruvian Andes. American Journal of Biological Anthropology.
Gerstner, K. & Pruetz, J. (2022). Wild chimpanzee welfare: A Focus on nutrition, foraging and health to inform great ape welfare in the wild and in captivity. Animals.