Part-time teaching positions in the Department of English (Linguistics Program)
Requirements and salary
- An M.A. in linguistics is required. Applicants must have successfully completed at least one year of college-level teaching
- Salary is based on education and experience. Salary rates are governed by the Union of Part-Time Faculty (UPTF) contract
- Write a brief letter of inquiry addressed to the chair of the Department of English to be included with your résumé and completed application form.
- Ask the university placement office holding your professional dossier to send an official copy to the chair of the Department of English at 5057 Woodward Ave., Suite 9408, Detroit, Michigan 48202.
If you do not have a dossier compiled and do not wish to establish one, please see that official transcripts are sent to the chair for all college and university work. If transcripts are not included in the dossier, as is often the case, you must request transcripts yourself.
In addition, request letters of recommendation from two or three academic professionals in a position to evaluate your university work and/or teaching performance. Recommendation letters should be included with your application below.
- A sample of your expository writing is required. Published or unpublished papers or a chapter of a thesis are acceptable.
- Once your application file is complete, it will be reviewed by the Appointments Committee of the Department of English
- Approval is provisional, pending satisfactory evaluation by the faculty. Assignments are made on the basis of seniority and enrollment