Nu Rho Psi National Honor Society
Wayne State University chapter
Nu Rho Psi is the National Honor Society in Neuroscience, founded in 2006 by the Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience. The Wayne State University chapter of Nu Rho Psi inducted its' inaugural class fall semester 2020!
Nu Rho Psi purpose
- Encourage professional interest and excellence in scholarship, particularly in neuroscience
- Award recognition to students who have achieved such excellence in scholarship
- Advance the discipline of neuroscience
- Encourage intellectual and social interaction between students, faculty, and professionals in neuroscience and related fields
- Promote career development in neuroscience and related fields
- Increase public awareness of neuroscience and its benefits for the individual and society
- Encourage service to the community
Criteria for membership
- Open to currently enrolled undergraduate Neuroscience majors and minors, and to graduate students in a program with an emphasis on neuroscience
- Undergraduate students shall have completed at least three semesters worth of college credits (45 credits), and have completed at least nine semester hours (or equivalent) in courses in the neuroscience curriculum
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, and have a minimum grade point average of 3.5 in courses in the neuroscience curriculum
- Non-majors may petition for membership as long as part of their curriculum relates to interdisciplinary neuroscience
- One-time payment of dues is required for lifetime membership in the Honor Society. Current dues are set at $50.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please send an email to Nu Rho Psi at email@example.com.