The purpose of Nu Rho Psi is to: (1) encourage professional interest and excellence in scholarship, particularly in neuroscience; (2) award recognition to students who have achieved such excellence in scholarship; (3) advance the discipline of neuroscience; (4) encourage intellectual and social interaction between students, faculty, and professionals in neuroscience and related fields; (5) promote career development in neuroscience and related fields; (6) increase public awareness of neuroscience and its benefits for the individual and society; and (7) encourage service to the community.
Wayne State University is applying to obtain a chapter in Nu Rho Psi, and we are looking for students who wish to be included in the inaugural class of the chapter, helping to shape the organization for future Wayne State students.
Criteria for membership
- Open to currently enrolled undergraduate Neuroscience majors and minors, and to graduate students in a program with an emphasis on neuroscience
- Undergraduate students shall have completed at least three semesters worth of college credits (45 credits), and have completed at least nine semester hours (or equivalent) in courses in the neuroscience curriculum
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, and have a minimum grade point average of 3.5 in courses in the neuroscience curriculum
- Non-majors may petition for membership as long as part of their curriculum relates to interdisciplinary neuroscience
- One-time payment of dues is required for lifetime membership in the Honor Society. The amount has yet to be set but will range between $40 - $50
If you are interested in becoming a member, please complete the form below and a chapter organizer will be in touch with you.