The Department of Economics at Wayne State University is actively engaged in teaching, research, and community service related to how economics drives the world. We offer degree programs in undergraduate and graduate studies, including post-graduate certificates.
Our primary mission is to provide both undergraduate and graduate students with a rigorous, broad, and critical program in theoretical and empirical economics.
Our faculty are engaged in a variety of research topics, which include:
- Analysis of trucking and transportation
- Economic analysis of the effect of health care policy on the cost of care and health outcomes
- Analysis of pricing strategies of firms
- Effects of economic growth on income inequality
- Predicting what kinds of events will affect oil prices