Staying on track

Make sure you're on track and on time for graduation.

Declaring or changing your major

Declaring a major helps you and your departmental advisor create the shortest path to graduation, saving you time and money. Once you declare a major, you could qualify for departmental scholarships.

Declare or change your major

To declare or change a co-major or minor:

Contact an advisor

Completing your bachelor's degree in four years

  • In order to complete your undergraduate degree within four years, you should meet with your academic advisor at least once a year to review your progress
  • Be aware of the deadlines for financial aid and other funding sources to make certain you are on track to receive the most support possible
  • Your degree is worth 120 credits, which means you need an average of 15 credits per term to stay on track to graduate on time. For most students, this means you will need to enroll in at least one spring/summer term

Get involved in undergraduate research

Wayne State is a research university. This gives you the opportunity to work with a professor on projects that will take you far beyond textbooks and lectures, and gain professional experience in independent research, writing, and analysis.

Get involved