Master of Arts in Public History requirements
Students specialize in one of the following tracks:
- Museum studies
- Cultural resource management
- Digital history
- Public policy
- African American history and culture
- Labor and urban history
- Gender, sexuality, and women's studies
The M.A.P.H. requires 33 credits which are differentiated across the six tracks.
All students in the program complete a 15 – 16 credit core in public history that emphasizes methodology, theory, and experiential learning and includes the required internship and the final project.
The remainder of credits for the degree are specific to the track chosen and include:
- A track-centered core course
- Six hours of public history electives
- A history seminar
- Six hours of history electives which provide the historical basis for the track
For more details, see the MAPH Curriculum Guide (PDF).