Get involved with GSW
- To receive updates from the Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies (GSW) program and be in the loop about upcoming events and announcements, sign up for one of our email lists:
- You can also follow GSW on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
- If you have specific questions about our program, or just want to be in touch, email or call us at 313-577-6331
- GSW Learning Community
- Academic Success Center is committed to helping every student achieve academic excellence.
- Peer Assisted Learning offers free tutoring, supplemental instruction, and course study groups led by other students.
- Study Skills Academy is a free service that helps students build better study habits.
- Student Success Workshop Series offers workshops on study skills, financial literacy, sleep management, and more.
- The First-Year Seminar - Learning with the Brain in Mind is specifically designed for first-year college students.
- Wayne State Warriors Vision and Impact Program is comprehensive student support that helps students get acclimated to Wayne State and what it means to be a successful college student.
- Effective Online Learner helps students prepare for online courses.
- Learn Anywhere has a collection of information to help students maintain balance when learning where ever they may be.
- Writing Research and Technology (WRT) Zone helps students work on their research papers.
- Need help finding resources for a course or research project? Check out the WSU Library Guide for Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies, organized by our very own subject librarian, Allia McCoy
- Have questions about which courses to take toward completing your degree? Want to add a major, co-major, or minor in GSW, or a minor in Queer Studies? Contact our program advisor, Dr. Michael Schmidt
- Update your display pronouns on Wayne State platforms
We want to help you earn scholarships and awards to support your degree in GSW!
- University scholarships and awards related to feminism, gender, and sexuality that may be of special interest to GSW students
- You can also check out this broader list of national scholarships, grants, internships and fellowships related to feminism, gender, and sexuality on the GSW Library Guide
- Check out our 2022 Workshop on applying for Wayne State scholarships and awards below! Lots of great info on how to strengthen your materials and be a strong candidate for funding
- Here is a video of our February 2021 virtual workshop on applying for scholarships and awards, with lots of tips and tricks for a successful application
Campus and Community
- Visit Campus Pride to find out more about LGBTQIA+ community resources and additional on-campus resources for students and employees
- The W Food Pantry & Wardrobe provides currently enrolled Wayne State Warriors in need of food assistance with supplemental food, gently used garments and additional resources to enhance student success. If you have the time and energy, you can also volunteer at The W
- Check out the President's Commission on the Status of Women to find out about their initiatives and events
- The Office of Multicultural Student Engagement is also a great resource on campus with tons of events and resources
The Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies Program has periodic openings for part-time instructors, and we are always open to applications from qualified candidates seeking to teach in our program.