B.A. Major in German
Candidates for the B.A. must satisfy the requirements for admission to Wayne State University and complete 120 credits in course work, including the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Group Requirements and the University General Education Requirements.
Note that only a maximum of 46 credits in the Major (including GER 1010, 1020, and 2010) may count toward the 120 credit requirement for the Bachelor of Arts degree.
The German Major consists of 31 credit hours.
Students majoring in German must take the following courses:
• GER 2020: Intermediate German II (4 cr.)
• GER 2310: Short Fiction from Central Europe and Russia (3 cr.)
• GER 2710: Survey of German Culture I (3 cr.)
• GER 2720: Survey of German Culture II (3 cr.)
• GER 3100: Intermediate Composition and Conversation I (3 cr.)
• GER 3200: Intermediate Composition and Conversation II (3 cr.)
• GER 4600: Proseminar: Modern German Literature (3 cr.)
• GER 5100: Advanced Grammar, Composition & Conversation (3 cr.)
• GER 5993: Writing Intensive (0 cr.)
• two courses in German literature or culture at the 5000 level or above
To declare a Major or Minor contact:
Undergraduate Advisor for BA Major/Minor in German
477 Manoogian Hall
How to make an appointment: visit wams.wayne.edu
Suggested Minor Options
German Majors should consider minoring in one of the disciplines below:
Business (especially Global Supply Chain Management)
Political Science (International Relations)
| ↑ back to top|